When a spill occurs, do your staff know how to deal with it?
"Any site incident response plan will depend on its effectiveness of staff training. Exercises should be carried out periodically to familiarise staff with the operation of the plan and to test its effectiveness and records of staff training should be maintained".
Our comprehensive training programme provides a bespoke course tailored to your site so that you gain a true understanding of your risks and how to deal with them. As part of the programme we provide a No Obligation, FREE of charge, full site assessment and make recommendations where applicable.
Our dedicated training team have real experience of spills and carry out tailor the content to your specific needs. Each course gives site operatives a basic knowledge on how to deploy absorbents and a quick guide DVD to help employees understand the importance of safe storage and handling of liquid.
The Spill Response Training covers:
- Introduction to emergency response
- Measures to prevent spillages
- How do spillages occur?
- Environment impact assessment
- Spill equipment
- How to deal with a spillage
- What NOT to do if there is a spill?
- Consequences of not doing it correctly
- After the spill
- Practical risk assessment
- Practical scenario
Breakdown of the sessions:
Session 1 (in the classroom – approximately 50 minutes)
- The consequences of pollution
- Legislation and penalties
- The Environment Agency (including video “Pollution Prevention Pays” or “Drains, tanks, drums and buns”)
- Preparing for a spill
- Dealing with a spill
- Health and safety
- Duty of Care
- Debrief (normally in the classroom – 5 minutes)
Session 2 (outside – approximately 60 minutes)
- Demonstration of products,
- Determining which product to use for which spill
- Understanding what to do once the spill has been contained
Session 3 (outside – 15-45 minutes, depending on number of delegates)
- Practical exercise – teams of 4–6 delegates deal with a spill)
- Advanced course: Accredited oil and/or hazchem spillage
- For individuals or teams who will be the first responders on site should and emergency occur
- Customer trainer incorporated
- Covers customer specific contaminants