Are Your Team Ready to deal with a spill?
Most companies a have a spill response procedure in place but how many of your staff know what it is and how to react to an incident?
To find out why not ask your team members the following questions:-
- Do we have a robust asset integrity system in place?
- Is your equipment maintained to industry best practice standards?
- Does our site have accurate gauging equipment?
- Do you reconcile our stock regularly?
- What other checks do you have in place?
- Is there a competent procedure to receive delivery?
- How do you verify delivery volumes?
- Are the ‘delivery team’ on the approved supplier list?
Are there any of your team that are unsure of answers to these questions?
To prevent spills it is vital that your team understand the risks on site and how to manage these to minimise the chances of an incident.
As part of our spill training we will carry out an environmental impact assessment for spillages from varying sources and how to respond in the event of an incident.
The costs of dealing with a spill can be devastating to a business and many incidents can be preventable with better staff training.